Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summertime

Summer is here... and we've been filling it with some traditional summer past times... baseball and bathing. Well, really playing in the blowup swimming pool in the backyard - but I liked the alliteration. Have no fear, we do bathe during the other seasons as well.

This past weekend, we went to the Texas Rangers' game as a family. Oliver is STILL deathly afraid of all of the noises there. So he spent most of the game with his head buried in our laps. He was asking to go home in the bottom of the 1st! He did get a little better there toward the end although we didn't make it through the entire game. Gabriella had no problem with the noises and had a great time. And fortunately, we were sitting on the bleachers in the outfield so there was plenty of room for them to roam. There was an hour rain delay before the game ever started, so to kill some time we played in the kids section behind the outfield. Oliver is great at throwing balls - and loves to do it! So he was mesmerized by the inflatable pitching stand. He waited in line - by far the youngest kid there - and dutifully paid he two tokens and pitched his heart out. He was very brave walking up there by himself and taking care of business. I was so proud... and it was extremely cute! I love the adorable progression of pictures I captured below.


Look how big he looks standing with his hands like this waiting for the balls



He missed the mark by quite a bit - but I attribute that solely to his height disadvantage. His throws were strong and heading in the right direction.


Look at that little man with his Rangers cap on backwards


This afternoon was a warm one... and was shaping up to be a long one with Oliver not napping and Gabby taking a relatively early one. So to keep us all from going crazy, I decided it was time to pull out the old blowup wading pool. It was a hit! However, neither of them were a fan of the cold water - so their feet and hands were the only body parts that (intentionally) got wet. There were a few slips in the water and a few mishaps with the hose that brought a few tears at the coldness of it all! Here are my bathing beauties!







Gabby says: "What, mom?! You're done blogging already!" I know you are all disappointed. But stay tuned for more from the Capital City as we head to Austin this weekend for my sister Natalie's grad school graduation.

3 comments:

ASC said...

Too cute! I've been considering getting out our pool, but it's been so unseasonally cool, I'm still waiting....maybe next week!

Emily Rocha said...

Oh my goodness cutest pictures ever!! I put my hand on my chest to hold my heart multiple times! Preciousness!!!

amy said...

hi mandy, it's amy of the ryan hulse clan... travis and megan's sis in law. anyway, i love your 101 goals and i am so inspired! thanks for motivating me. and your babies are darling!