Monday, August 17, 2009

What a look!!

Gabriella has always had a lot of hair - always! Even in a late-pregnancy ultrasound, they could see her hair because she had so much already!!! I didn't even know that was possible! I love the curls that have pretty much always been there. Now that she is nearing two, her hair has gotten pretty long. When it is wet, it is well past her shoulders. But you would never know that to look at her because it is normally would up tightly in ringlet curls - which I absolutely adore.

I have recently been trying to branch out in her hairstyles as the top-of-the-head-ponytail look isn't quite looking right on my almost two year old with longish hair. She's quickly leaving baby behind and embracing toddler in every aspect of the word! We've recently enjoyed a lot of half pony tails, side of the head barrettes, regular pony tail, pig tails, and the latest - braided pigtails. Note: all of these hairstyles are made supremely cuter by the ringlets that escape from their hair ties to frame her sweet face.

Below is a half-hearted attempt at a hairstyle collage. I need to get some better pictures...

The ponytail (with ringlet escapees)


Pigtails


Half ponytail


I have yet to capture a picture of the braided pigtails, but believe me, they are darling! But, I could not pass up snapping a picture of the POST braided pigtails look. To. Die. For.



2 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! There isn't anything cuter than a curly haired little girl!!

Ashley Mullaney said...

You need to make her some bows like your mom used to make--remember the money bow with the laminated dollar and penny in the middle? Classic :)