Sunday, September 20, 2009

Are you kidding me!

I love this tray. It sits on the counter in my kitchen holding various things I'd like to leave out of the pantry (cookies, cakes, etc.). And it keeps them all together in an organized manner. It's cute. It's green. And I like it!



There is one thing about it that is a little off-putting. If you flip it over, you will notice a little sticker. I didn't pay much attention to it at first just thinking it is a standard wash instructions or "Made in Taiwan" sticker. However, upon closer inspection, I see something a little more unusual on this sticker that I've never seen before. Check it out!


In case you can't see it clearly, let me translate for you. It says "NOT FOR FOOD USE MAY POISON FOOD. FOR DECORATIVE PURPOSE ONLY. MADE IN INDIA."

Okay... WHAT! "May poison food." Poison. Poison. Have you ever seen the word poison on a label like this. It just cracks me up for some reason. I guess it is not intended to be used in the kitchen, huh! Well I do use it, but do not set food directly on it. It is always in a Ziploc or plastic container. But I still think it is odd and wanted to share my oddity with you all! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nate said...

Well I can add to that...my mom has a matching set of those flour and sugar holders that says not to put food in.....why she bought them I dont know.....she also has towels that are dry clean only!!!

Emily Rocha said...

hahaha that's HILARIOUS!!