Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good Books to Read

A friend was asking me if I had any recommendations on some good books to read, so I thought I would post my selections here for others to enjoy as well. So here you go Jennifer :)

The list is in no particular order - I have a hard time ranking things. I am a fan of fiction books, so that's the genre I focused on here. Let me know your thoughts on these books if you have read them. If you decide any of them sound interesting and you think you would like to pick one up, I would be glad to give you a further review.

Fiction
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
  • Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  • Watership Down by Richard Adams
  • A Cry in the Night by Mary Higgins Clark
  • Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  • A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great choices! I have read most of those except for a few titles, so I will get those for sure. Gone with the Wind has always been one of my favorite books. I started reading it in junior high and have read it a dozen times. Next time you are over, I will have to show you my GWTW figurine collection and jewelry box!

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

The Awakening by Kate Chopin is one of my favorites. It's a bit of a downer, but a good one to read and learn from ...