Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gmail Notifier

As I know there are quite a few of my readers who use gmail for their primary email host (and I would highly recommend it over hotmail, yahoo, etc.)... I thought I would post a link to a useful gmail tool. Gmail notifier is:

an application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages. It displays an icon in your system tray to let you know if you have unread Gmail messages, and shows you their subjects, senders and snippets, all without your having to open a web browser.

Now I usually have a web browser open so I can see if I have email there... but this tool is handy because it plays a little noise and makes the system tray icon a different color when I have email. So if I'm sitting on the living room floor doing puzzles with Oliver, I know I have email from the lovely "tada" sound ringing from my computer. Also, if I'm walking by my computer on the way to get Oliver out of the makeup in my bathroom, I can just glance at the bottom right corner of my screen to see if I have email or not so I have something to look forward to reading after cleaning up his mess. Love it! Hope it helps you out too!

Link to Gmail Notifier: http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_windows.html

No comments: