Thursday, July 10, 2008

A helpful website for the |traveler| in you

My tip may not be completely new to all of you, but I hope it will help some.

It's summertime... traditional time for vacations. And for those of you "household managers" reading this post, I have a helpful tidbit for you. One of the things on most traveler's to do list before they leave is to take care of the mail. Whether it's a neighbor, family member, or friend, usually some outside party gets roped in to doing this task. Instead of finding someone to pick up my mail after it has already been delivered to your mailbox, why not have the Post Office do the work for you!

From www.usps.com

Put your mail on hold online.
Whether you are on vacation or an unexpected business trip you can rest easy knowing your mail is safely held for you at your local Post Office.
  • This online service will electronically notify your local Post Office to hold your mail.

  • Mail can be held from 3 to 30 days.

  • We will resume normal delivery of your mail on the date you specify.
And not only will they hold it for you, but they can deliver it in bulk once you return. So you don't even have to make a trip to the Post Office to pick it up. And you can reserve all of this online! Brilliant. And oh so handy! I have used this service numerous times and it has saved me time and hassle for many, many years. I hope it will do they same for you.

3 comments:

Tristan said...

Doing my "holds" on USPS and the newspapers websites are part of my "packing checklist". So, nice that they offer to bring you your mail now too--they added that feature a few years ago. So helpful. I hope you are enjoying your summer and all your traveling. We have one more trip before school starts in 2 1/2 weeks. Miss ya.

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

I always do this with the form at the post office, but didn't realize you could do it online! Wow, that's the way to go!

Trudy said...

Amanda:
Hi , it is Trudy Maples, how are you?? I am so excited to find you in blog world and on facebook. Visit my blog too
www.maplesmessenger.blogspot.com