Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Old friends... not friends that are old

This weekend, Matt, the kids and I all took a road trip down to College Station, TX to see our college friends Adam and Stephanie. They just moved back to Texas from North Carolina this summer and we are so glad to be in the same state as them for the first time since we graduated from college! They have a beautiful home on the south side of College Station. They moved there because Stephanie just got hired as an Economics professor at Texas A&M. We enjoyed relaxing at their house, eating at Chicken Oil (a College Station tradition), walking around the campus, and playing lots of games (Wii, Settlers, Puerto Rico, Set). It's so fun to hang with friends you can just pick right back up with so easily even though you haven't seen each other for a while. A moment that brought it all home for me was seeing their wedding pictures framed throughout the house... and knowing we were there! Most of the friends I have now are "new" friends that we've made since moving to Dallas. When I see their wedding pictures I think, wow - I wish I could have been there. While I love them so dearly, there's just something special about "old" friends... people who've known you for a long time and have been through so many experiences with you. So thank you for an awesome weekend Adam and Steph. I enjoyed it on so many levels.

Here are some pics from the weekend. Click here to see more!

Adam and Stephanie at Kyle Field


Three Dillards sitting under the Century Tree


Gabriella enjoying her first chocolate chip granola bar on the way to their neighborhood park


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures. It's nice to see Adam and Stephanie again. Who are the other people by the space shuttle and in the park?