Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Oli's First Day of Pre-School

My sweet little boy started preschool this morning. I have been very nervous about it as he often has a hard time with new situations - especially when mommy is not there. But his preschool is at our church which he is used to, it was only 9am-12pm, and one of his teachers is one of my friends that he already knows. So I figured with all of those things going for us, we just might be ok. We went up to the school yesterday for Open House to see his room and meet his teachers. Low and behold, the first theme for the school year is the rainforest... complete with all of Oliver's favorite animals. Now if you know my boy, you know that he LOVES animals. Jungle animals the most. So with all of this going for us, how could we lose!

Well, our prayers were definitely answered - he had a great day today!! He sweetly took pictures with me before we left decked out in his new "Graham Cracker Express" t-shirt (that's the name of the preschool). He ran from the van to the door of the school when we got there and walked straight into his classroom and started playing. He didn't even blink when I left him. We are so proud of him! While he was at school, Gabby and I ran an errand then came home for her to nap. He got to talk to daddy on the cell phone during the car ride home and tell him all about his day. And then a few minutes after we got home, Daddy drove up and surprised us by spending lunchtime at home with us today. And to top it all off - the temperature has been hovering between 69-71 degrees all day. My favorite!! I've got all of the windows open and am loving it!

What a little model!


With his Elmo "pack-pack"


Check out those new shoes!


With his teacher Miss Darci


Reading a book on the fun Noah's Ark rug


A hug goodbye before I left
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nate said...

Adalie is not going to school ever because I will cry like a baby!!

Meve & Co. said...

Amanda-
I'm glad you found us! Can you email me (is there a way to locate my email address w/o me typing it here?), and I'll give you an update on us? We're close by!

ASC said...

So exciting that all went well! We missed you on Tuesday at storytime...

Emily Rocha said...

the third picture is now my desktop background! i LOVE oli!!!!