Tuesday, November 25, 2008

#15 Visit San Antonio/Trinity... Check!

I recently posted about my 101 goals in 1001 days. Well, this weekend, I was able to check off one more goal that I've had for a long time. I had been wanting to visit the city of San Antonio and our college campus for many years. Matt and I met while attending Trinity University so it is special to us for lots of reasons. We were blessed to have some family join us which was a big help with the kids - thank you Natalie, Matt, mom and Emily! Here are some highlights from the weekend:
  • Visiting our favorite San Antonio Half Price Books - in an old house on Broadway
  • Going out to lunch at EZ's Brick Oven... and splitting both the Alamo Bowl and the Basil Chicken Pasta and washing them down with a cookies and cream milkshake
  • Shopping in the Quarry!
  • Searching for our old "date night" restaurant, Bacones, but since it was no longer there, ending up at another yummy favorite The Alamo Cafe
  • My mom offered to watch the kids for us one night, so Matt and I got to go out together and have a romantic nighttime walk around Trinity's campus. Many memories...
  • Taking our kids to the San Antonio Zoo!
  • Having lunch at our college go-to restaurant... the Taco Cabana on Broadway. There were many late night trips there to pick up some tortillas and queso for munching on in the dorms.
  • Shopping at North Star Mall
  • Going to my college roommate's wedding on Sunday evening. Lindsey was so beautiful and it was so great being there to help her celebrate
  • Getting to see lots of college and high school friends since Lindsey and I went to high school and college together and had a lot of the same friends. HUGE thanks goes to Natalie and Matt for picking them up after the ceremony and obligatory "show off" period where we introduced everyone to our kids. Matt and I then got to stay late at the wedding and enjoy time there catching up with everyone without having to worry about the kids.
  • Taking our kids on a walk around Trinity and seeing some old professors. We all got some Trinity apparel and got a Coates smoothie for the road trip home... which we had to buy with real money and not our Trinity Validine.

2 comments:

Carol Beck said...

did you take pics at lindseys wedding? if so please share!

Oscar said...


I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com