Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feeling Crafty... again

Every once in a while, I start feeling a little crafty (see past posts). The last week or so, I've been feeling crafty again. I have been making "It's a Boy" signs and "It's a Girl" signs for friend's babies for a month or so. So I decided to see what putting the pictures up on Craigslist would do... to maybe earn a few extra bucks. And in two days, I've already sold 4 signs - woo hoo! Here are the pictures of my signs:



Another project: A few days ago, I saw an idea for a darling girls dress on a blog I read. All I needed was a $5 dress from Walmart and a little ribbon to spruce it up... along with my sewing machine which I really have a hate, hate relationship with. But I decided to break it out and give this project a try and am SO SUPER HAPPY with the results! Check out Gabby's new dress! She will be wearing it tomorrow, and any other day that it is clean from the wash. I am so proud that it actually turned out without too much trouble from my mean sewing machine. And in less than an hour too - yay. I am super excited for Gabriella to wear it tomorrow to our big outing... the pediatrician! :) Since it wasn't THAT bad making it, I may make her another!


Until my next crafty time...

3 comments:

Emily Rocha said...

The dress turned out sooo cute! I'm glad you went with the zebra print :) those signs are awesome too!

Megan and Travis said...

Very cute Mandy!! You make some really cute stuff!!! I love getting in crafty moods and making stuff :)

Frugal Jen said...

Your dress turned out great! I featured it on my Freebie Friday post. Thank you so much for sharing the photo with me!