Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The package has arrived

I have always liked taking pictures. Mostly of my family of course, but more recently I have gotten interested in trying to take GOOD pictures of family, nature, objects, etc. Well, to take the pictures I really wanted to take, I needed a new camera. So I have been saving money since March of this year toward a new Digital SLR camera. Well folks, the day has finally arrived... 8 months later. My camera came in the mail today! A Nikon D40 with a 55-200mm lens! I am so excited! I've already read the first part of the manual and plan on reading the rest. I also plan on taking a class at the Community College near my house this Spring... hopefully with my friend Ann Marie.

So my waiting has paid off. Yay! Below are some pictures I snapped of the kids this evening. I couldn't get any outdoor shots (which I am most excited about) because it was already dark by the time my battery got charged. But they turned out so amazing for being inside that I can't wait to start shooting outside.

The first few pictures I took were of a beautiful subject. My long-haired baby girl Gabriella:


This next one I call "Hangry" - yes that is a made up word, so I will define it for you. It is when you are SO hungry, your blood sugar is really low, and nothing can go right with the world. This next picture would be right next to "Hangry" in the dictionary.


It got even MORE fun shooting these because my son, who rarely, RARELY will even smile for a picture, finally came around and actually wanted to be my model! Love it! Silliness ensued at dinner after he got some food in his belly to counteract his "Hanger":







And a lollipop for dessert

OH - and this also allows me to cross off #67 on my list of 101 goals in 1001 days!

#67 Get SLR digital camera - CHECK!

My new camera... an investment for the future. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Emily Rocha said...

that looks like a good camera! i love the subject of the pictures too of course!!

Tristan said...

So jealous...that's my dream. Enjoy learning and all the wonderful memories that you will capture. I would love to take the class with you.

Oscar said...


I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com