Thursday, November 12, 2009

Words

I noticed that there have been a lot of pictures on my blog of late... but not many words. And while a picture is worth a thousand words, I still want to make sure and document some of the things going on in our family that are not displayed in those pictures. Some things I want to be able to look back on and remember in years to come. Today I really wanted to focus on Gabriella.

Gabriella is now in a big girl bed. And although it's a big move it is not too surprising... because she really is getting to be a BIG girl. She talks in complete sentences, puts diapers on her babies, talks on the phone, plays with toys using her imagination (already!), and talks to everyone she meets. She is a big girl. And while it is a little sad to leave behind the baby days, the toddler days with her are so much fun to experience! I remember marveling at Oliver at this age when he would say or remember things and I would think "How in the world does he know that!" It is truly amazing all that kids can know and understand at such an early age. And Gabriella has not disappointed us with the surprising things she says each day.

She is also quite the copycat. Especially of the things her brother says. Her most recent copy is of Oliver's angry and adamant "NEVER EVER" when asked to do something that he could not possibly fathom doing at that moment. Gabriella has copied quite excellently the anger behind such a phrase as well as the glaring eyes, pouted lip, crossed arms and mean voice... but when it comes out of her cute little mouth with her little lisp, I cannot help but smile... "NEH-FAH, EH-FAH."

She is my little helper too. Oliver... really not interested in helping me with chores. But Gabby loves it! She pulls up a chair and helps me throw the laundry in the washer, put clothes away in drawers, likes to clean up toys (singing the "Clean up, clean up" song the whole time), and has even helped me dust. She wakes up smiling and talking and is so fun to get out of bed. She LOVES going to Sunday School at church and to "BBFF" or BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) with my mother-in-law.

We have been blessed with such a darling girl to have as our daughter!!!

And because I cannot resist posting pictures, here are a few of Gabby on her first night in her big girl bed.






2 comments:

Emily Rocha said...

She is growing up! What a cutie :)

Carol Beck said...

It doesn't seem like she should be old enough to be doing these things! She grew out of being a baby way too fast! I want to see her doing these things!!!