Sunday, August 1, 2010

I love my kids

We are adjusting well to life as a family of five! The big kids still love their baby sister. Gabriella wants to hold her and kiss her all the time... and poor Melia gets a face full of Gabby's curly hair every time! She's often overheard saying, "I love you baby, I always love you."

Oliver is in love with this little baby. He always wants to know where she is in the house, reports to us whenever her eyes are open, and loves to smell her head after her bath. "She smells so good mom!"

I am really loving having two little girls!



Being silly


One month old princess


Starting to fill out those cheeks!

Melia is now over 10 pounds and is still a really good baby. She sleeps well at night. Most nights I'm only up once around 3:30am to feed her... and then she goes right back to sleep! She's starting to have longer awake periods during the day and loves to stare at ceiling fans and people's faces. She's given us a few quick smiles and we're working on getting her to do that more often. She loves to cuddle (and we love cuddling her) and to lay on the floor and look around. Her abundance of hair is getting even longer and the little curl in the middle of her forehead is starting to really flip up away from her head giving her a super cute little hairstyle!

I have had two successful weeks on my own with the kids. We went to a movie just the four of us and survived :) Life is not slowing down at all and we have plans to take a road trip to Austin in a few weeks, a plane trip to Utah in September to see my sister Megan and her new baby, a train trip to Indiana in October, and a camping trip to wrap up the fall. Fun times ahead!

5 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

I love Melia and Gabby's matching outfits! Very cute! I'm so excited you guys are coming here in Septemeber, only a month away!!

Emily Rocha said...

SUCH cute pictures!!! Melia looks bigger than the last time I saw her already!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! You have such a cute family. :-)

Team Bruce said...

Amanda, you have such a beautiful family! I love the pics of the kids. Sounds like you're really enjoying being a mom!

Meve & Co. said...

love her dark hair. glad all is going well.=)