Saturday, March 22, 2008

A new kind of easter egg hunt

My Dad was wanting to have an Easter Egg hunt for us, but getting 20 somethings interested takes some motivation. He found something that spoke to all of us however, cash! He stuffed eggs with quarters, $5 bills, $10 bills and a couple $20 bills. He then made us stay inside with the shades drawn while he hid them in their very large yard - front and back! He told us he was going to make them extra hard!! He even wrote down where he hid them all so that we wouldn't be leaving money sitting around the yard hidden... I think he didn't trust his memory :) He gathered us up when he had them all hidden and outlined the ground rules. Then he turned us loose. We all pushed each other to get to the yard the fastest. It was the closest to feeling like a kid again that I've felt in a long time. It was awesome! Unfortunately, my dad's promise to make it extra hard proved true. I could only find 2 of the 27 eggs. So, after about 45 minutes of six of us hunting, Dad had to come out, consult his list, and give us some hints. We were finally able to find them all, but the boys came out ahead of the girls because we gave up earlier - they were much more competitive I guess. It was a fun and rewarding way to spend the afternoon. I only ended up with $12, but still I am a fan! :)

1 comment:

Tessa Enright said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish someone would hide money in my backyard! :)