Monday, June 2, 2008

Our first big trip of the summer

My summer is going to be a busy one. I have two sisters getting married, a family reunion in Utah and my 10 year high school reunion. There's also of course family coming to town, various baseball games with Matt's family, other trips with friends, etc. Phew! It should be fun!

So our first big trip of the summer came last weekend. My sister Natalie got married on Saturday, May 24th just north of Austin. It was a fun weekend full of family, friends, and fun! We drove down to Austin early Friday morning for me to get there in time for a bridesmaids luncheon. The kids did great on the trip but were definitely ready to get out of the car. We had some time after that to visit with my grandmother and my mom's two sisters who had flown in for the wedding. Then it was off to the hotel and the rehearsal and dinner. Quite a long night just with all of that. But of course, whenever my Dad's family all gets together, there is always a big party! We stayed up until 1am in the hotel lobby talking and laughing and telling fun stories. It was a great time to catch up with everyone and a really fun evening.

Then of course Saturday morning was filled with wedding day preparations (hair, makeup, etc.) , picture time before the ceremony, and then the big event. Natalie was feeling pretty relaxed and ready to go after a long time planning for the day! Everything turned out perfectly. She had planned it all so well and it was such a fun night of celebration. Oliver was the ring bearer and actually made it down the aisle... twirling his little ring pillow like a steering wheel :) Below are some snapshots from the weekend. When the official photographer's pictures come in, I'll make sure and post those too. I'll be posting more in the next few days about the week I spent in Houston following the wedding!

The Bride - My next youngest sister Natalie


My very cute ring bearer son and me!


The Bridesmaids - my sister Emily, me and my sister Megan


Oliver and Daddy


A glimpse into the crazy after-party. This is my sisters, and cousins and me all jumping in the air at the same time. I think there was a lot of noise involved. However, when we started making human pyramids, I guess some unhappy guest called us in and the management shut us down. It was midnight after all. But it was fun to feel like a kid again just for a few minutes!

Here is a link to some more pics if you are interested: Click here!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tristan said...

How fun! You all look beautiful. Can't wait to see more from all your summer excursions.

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

We're so glad you guys are back home! We missed you tons!