Sunday, January 4, 2009

Finally feeling crafty again

The crafting bug bit me way back in October, but it has yet to come back to bite again. That is until this weekend. I have always been inspired by my friend Jessica Rowe and her AMAZING designs (check out her blog here). She made the adorable shirt Gabriella wore on her first birthday. I am no where near as talented as her - and my sewing machine skills leave a lot to be desired. So after a few unsuccessful attempts at the darling ribbon shirts that Jessica creates, I found my niche in the ever-so-easy iron on transfer. I printed out the patterns I liked on cardstock, cut them out and traced them onto fabric I picked out. Then I cut them out on the fabric and ironed them on to to very inexpensive solid-colored shirts I got today. I have one more coming for Gabriella, but I need to get a little more fabric. The result - pride, a sense of accomplishment, and homemade shirts for my kiddos that are super cute and very inexpensive. Win, win, win!

From top to bottom, left to right... a dalmatian on black for Oli, a camo star on green for Oli, an argyle butterfly on white for Gabby, a giraffe on gray for Oli, and a pink camo star on pink for Gabby. I can't wait to dress the kids in their coordinating camo print shirts! They look better in real life, but I am so happy with how they turned out. I will be taking orders via email - haha!

5 comments:

LaRessie said...

Those are ADORABLE...
I may have to try this. You have the crafty genes in you. :)
I have been making baby dolls... and felt fairies... and more and more.. love my crafts.

The Rowe Crew said...

Oooh, super cute! I especially like the argyle one :o). And you are just WAY too kind! I'll have to see one in person if Garbiella wears one to MOPS!

Megan and Travis said...

Very cute Mandy!!! I love them. The crafty bug hits me now and again too... I think we have our mom to thank for that :)

Carol Beck said...

very cute!!! i'm so happy when my daughters shows an interest in crafts!

Markus said...

So cute!!!