Friday, January 23, 2009

For my fellow Blogger/Blogspot Friends

I have been wanting a way to backup my blog just so I have a copy of it in case something bad ever happened to Blogger's servers. I love my blog and use it as a personal journal, so I would be devastated to lose it.

I found a super-simple way to do it too. Check it out and do it for yourself!

This page lists the latest N posts from the blog:
http://BLOGNAME.blogspot.com/search?max-results=N

Instead of N, type the number of posts. If your blog has less than 1000 posts, you can save this page:
http://BLOGNAME.blogspot.com/search?max-results=1000

I knew I had less than 1000 posts, so I just copied the second link, pasted it into the address bar of my web browser, replaced "BLOGNAME" with the name of my blog, and was directed to a page that had my whole blog on it! I then went up to the File menu on my web browser and selected "Save Page As." I hope this is helpful to my fellow Blogger users as well!

1 comment:

Dezaree said...

I was just actually wondering how to do this. Thanks for the post! Hope everything is going great for you guys! Love the "Bald Oliver" That is too cute.