Monday, February 16, 2009

A feeling of accomplishment

I've completed a few more items on my 101 goals in 1001 days list (see link on the right sidebar of this page)... so I thought I would post an update:

#85 - Organize Gift Wrap - CHECK - 2/2009

For a long time, every time I have needed to wrap a present, I had to dig through a big bin of crumpled tissue paper, wadded up bags, who knows where the cards and ribbon are, etc. So I've been eyeing these gift wrap organizers from The Container Store for a while now. My sweet husband heard me and bought me one of them for Christmas and I was finally able to get the other one last week. The result = beautifully organized wrapping supplies!! I love it!



#88- Go to Canton to shop - CHECK - 1/2009

Ever since we moved back to Dallas, Matt and I have talked about taking a trip out to the First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX... basically a huge craft/jewelry/clothing/art/antique etc. sale. It happens once a month, so we finally decided we just needed to put it on the calendar and go! So we finally made it on January 31st - and it was an awesome sale! We did have the kids with us so that slowed us down a bit, but it was still a great experience anyway. And something we'll definitely go back to. We took Matt's parent's with us for the shopping and then we all headed out to Longview, TX that evening to visit Matt's grandmother. It was a fun weekend!

The girls


#89 - Find a new home for our dogs - CHECK - 1/2009

Since adding another child to our family 1 1/2 years ago, Matt and I had been going back in forth talking about our dogs. We had two big, sweet, time consuming dogs. With the demands of two toddlers, we just weren't giving them the attention they deserved. So finally in January, we made the hard decision that we were going to try and find new homes for them where they could thrive. With the assistance of Craigslist, we found a good home for Nala - a family with a 7 year old and 3 year old. We sent her off to them one hard evening in January. We hated to see her go, but knew it was for the best. So as we continued to search for a home for Kuzco, we came to the decision that we would keep him and see what life was like with only 1 big dog to take care of. I'm happy to report that having one dog is much easier than two and we are enjoying him like we haven't in years. He is happy and getting walked everyday and we are happy to still have him around! So this goal was modified a bit to just find a new home for one of our dogs - but still can be checked off in my opinion!

No comments: