Monday, February 16, 2009

Texas, Utah, Texas, Utah

This past weekend, our family made a trip up to Utah to visit my extended family and attend my cousin Nina's wedding. It was a fun, snowy, cold, busy, tiring, exciting, relaxing, family-filled trip! Here are some highlights:
  • Seeing snow on the ground and watching it snow!
  • Building a snowman (or really a snow blob - the snow was so fresh and powdery, it didn't stick very well)
  • Matt and I going skiing in Park City for Valentine's Day (thanks for watching the kids, Mom and Megan). We had so much fun and loved the time we got to spend together (although our old bodies are both still very sore...)
  • Visiting with all of my extended family - most of the time while at an 8 bedroom cabin my family had for the weekend
  • Going to my cousin Nina's wedding reception after a filling dinner at Chuck-O-Rama - and getting to dress my family up for the occasion. I loved dressing Gabriella in her frilly Easter/Daniel's Wedding dress (although I guess I did not get a picture of it)!
  • Taking Oliver to the airport and on an airplane. While he's done this countless times, this is the first time he's really been old enough to understand what was going on and was VERY excited and interested in everything we did. One of my favorite quote from him was when we got to the airport in Salt Lake ready to head home, "Mom, now take our shoes off and put them in the bucket." I couldn't believe he remembered that!
  • Seeing Oliver run and play with all of his cousins - he had a BLAST with all of the kids up there!
  • Matt got to go out with some other guys on a snowmobile, and even Oliver got to ride one with his Grandpa Pepe
  • Finally getting to meet my cousin Misty's boy Ryder
  • Taking Oliver sledding on the hill outside of our cabin
  • Trying to teach Oliver about states. He knows he lives in Texas and knew we were going to Utah, but just couldn't quite grasp it. When we landed back in Dallas, I told him we were in Texas. But all he knew was we were still in an airplane. So I told him we had to go in the airport next after the plane and he said "No, let's go to Texas first." Earlier during the vacation, I caught him singing a new song "Texas, Utah, Texas, Utah" - to his own cute tune! Hence the title of this blog...



No comments: