Saturday, June 26, 2010

THE BABY IS HERE and it's a...

Aren't you dying to know? We definitely were! We are thrilled to announce the birth of our baby GIRL!!! Melia Rose Dillard was born at 1:27pm and weighs 8 pounds 4 ounces and is 21 inches long. My water broke at 3:40am so we got to do a middle of the night run to the hospital. Fortunately my mom was here so she stayed with the big kids. Both my mom and my mother-in-law (and Matt of course) got to be in the delivery room. She was out in one push and is doing great!


Me and my parents - ready to start pushing!






Matt's parents!


Matt, Melia and Papa

11 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! We are so excited for you guys!! We will come by and visit either tonight or tomorrow after church but I want you guys to get some rest!! Lots of love!

Ashley said...

Amanda and Matt, she's beautiful! Congrats!!! I hope you're all doing well and are able to get some sleep. One push, huh? Wow! We can't wait to meet her. You look fabulous considering you've been up since 3:00 this morning and just had a baby. :) We're so happy for you guys! Oh, and we love the name!

chris said...

answer to prayer. i think she looks like oliver. congratulations from az!

love the hoover family

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby girl! We can't wait to hold her in our arms in a couple of weeks. Congrats from Indy!!!

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She looks perfect and I know you are so thrilled to finally hold her in your arms. I especially love her middle name (which so happens to be both mine and Ashley's as well!). I wish I could be there to meet her in person, but can't wait to come visit.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your GIRL! Was it so much fun to wait to find out what you were having? We did that the first time and I'm so glad. She is beautiful; love that dark hair! Gorgeous name too! Enjoy your babymoon!


Andrea Young

Lindsey said...

Congrats! What a beautiful baby girl!

LaRessie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! SO happy for you ALL! LOVE you guys!

Nate said...

Congrats!! I LOVE THE NAME MELIA!! I too was considering that name for my girls!!

Heather Harkins said...

All right, another girl! We're happy for you and hope it's an easy adjustment. She's a lovely baby!

Meve & Co. said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Hope you are doing ok...3 are a lot to handle.
She is beautiful! Love her name.