Sunday, June 27, 2010

More fun with baby girl

We're still enjoying loving on our new little girl. Here are some more pictures of our 1st day as a family of 5!!

Also - just wanted to clarify a little more on her name. We are pronouncing it Muh-lee-yuh... Melia. It's a name that I have liked for a while. I think it was even in consideration when we named Gabriella. Melia's middle name is Rose which is also her great-grandmother's middle name. Virginia Rose Burt is Matt's maternal grandmother. So we are very pleased with her cute feminine name and the opportunity to honor Matt's grandmother by continuing the family name Rose.

Here are some fun pics!



Big Brother and Big Sister


Our cute family!



My two sweet girls


After a shower - ahhh - feeling much more human :)


Pepe and Meme with all of their grandchildren





Daddy and his new little girl


Matt's Uncle Randy and Aunt Amy came by for a visit!

We're loving introducing our cutie to the world. We should be at the hospital until tomorrow and then at home sometime tomorrow afternoon-ish. Give us a call if you'd like to come visit either place!

6 comments:

jahansen said...

Oooh She is just perfect! I cant wait to meet your new little lady!

Florence Van said...

Hi Dillard Family! Congratulations on the arrival of your new little girl. I noticed one of the "It's a girl" signs that Amanda makes in the background of a photograph. Matt, wasn't there a girl in our college Bible study named Malia? It's pronounced the same way too. I liked her. I wish I lived closer to you and could meet your Malia. However, for now, I must content myself with only photographs.

Love,
Florence

Emily said...

Malia is just beautiful--we're so excited for you guys!!! What a treasure for your family. Can't wait to see you guys soon and meet her in person!

Emily said...

Whoops--Melia, not Malia. I'll get that--don't worry!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dillards! She's beautiful and I love all that dark hair! May God continue to bless you through more precious children!

And to your mom, Carol, I'm jealous! :) So happy for your growing family. Marcelia

Gary Henson said...

Congratulations Dandy Dillards!
Deb and I pass along our joyful thoughts and prayers to Melia and her family.
Gary