Friday, August 15, 2008

Memories...

This past weekend, our family made yet another trip to Houston for my 10 year high school reunion. The kids stayed with my parents while Matt and I headed to downtown Houston for the festivities. I had no idea what to expect... didn't know what activities were planned, who would be there, I just knew the time and the place. It turned out that one of the first people that walked into the door after us was my good friend from high school Lindsey... who also went on to become my college roommate for 4 years and the maid of honor in my wedding. I hadn't seen her in YEARS! So it was so nice to get to see her and catch up! I spent the majority of the evening talking with her and loved it! She is getting married in November in San Antonio and we are planning to be there. I can't wait to visit San Antonio/Trinity University again AND get to celebrate with her at her wedding. It will be a fun weekend.

I also got to see some other friends from band... those were my closest friends in high school since we spent so much time together at marching practices, rehearsals, driving to and from competitions and football games, hanging out afterward, etc. So it was great to see so many familiar faces and catch up with all of them. It's funny to see people who are frozen in your mind how they were 10 years ago and hear how their lives have changed so dramatically since then. I guess that's why reunions are so fun.

Lindsey, me, Brian (my high school boyfriend!), Stacey, Logan, and Christin

So we are done with our many summer trips! They were great but it will be nice to remember what it feels like to actually be at home on a Saturday! Stay tuned for our fall trips... not so many of them, but some fun ones nonetheless.

No comments: