Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Little Fish


For the past two weeks, half of our family has been making the trek to take Oliver to swimming lessons every Monday-Thursday night. Matt and I have switched off on taking him since Gabriella is usually ready for bed before the lesson is over. It has been so much fun to have some one-on-one time with Oliver. I know he has loved it and his Daddy and I have sure enjoyed having 2 1/2 year old conversations with him... mostly about the Texas Rangers (his new obsession), animals in the movie The Jungle Book, and the latest going underwater experience complete with re-enactments. Tonight was the final night of lessons and I am proud to report he has actually come through with some new skills:
  • Not being afraid to go underwater... and actually even enjoying it
  • Jumping off of the side of the pool to a waiting parent without holding hands
  • A much better kicker
  • Blowing bubbles in the water for the first time... although I only think this happened once or twice. But that's once or twice more than he had ever done it before
  • LOVING the pool
Below are some pictures from our last day of lessons today. We are all so proud of him!





His certificate of completion - look at those smiling eyes!

Ice cream cone to celebrate afterward

3 comments:

Tessa Enright said...

such a cutie!

Tristan said...

Way to go, Oliver! Swimming is so fun, isn't it?

I'm in search of the exact opposite class for Logen--one that teaches them to be afraid. He quite prefers to have his head underwater--for long periods of time. He can swim a good distance on his own so I'm starting to not worry so much...but still healthy fear is nice, is it not?

Enjoy some more splashing with Oliver as we finish off the summer!

Dezaree said...

Hey Mandy! I thought I would stop by and say hi. Looks like you have all had a pretty eventful year...Natalie and Megan's weddings, and then your little girl. She's a cuttie! We are back in Utah now. Geoff graduated from law school, and got a job in Cedar City. So, no more Arizona. Which I am grateful for right now, because I can't stand the heat. Hope you guys are doing well. Take care.