Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fun Family Visit

Over the 4th of July weekend, we were thrilled to have my Aunt LaRessie and her family here to visit. It seems like we travel so much to visit family that it's so nice to actually have family come to us this time! They came in Thursday night and we played all the way until Monday! My aunt is only 9 years older than me... so we have a very close relationship! I remember growing up playing with her barbies and sleeping with her in her bed when we went to visit my grandparents! I only wish we lived closer now and could hang out even more! She is a great example to me as a mom and a woman of God. And her husband Mark and her 4 girls just make life so much more fun when they are around!

Kamryn reading to Gabby... on a nice, lazy morning


A game of Sorry broke out - the first board game Oliver will actually play!


Karena and Gabby! Karena looks A LOT like me when I was her age. Isn't it funny how you find your look alike somewhere down family line...


We played lots of Wii! We borrowed a Wii cheerleading game from our neighbors which the girls loved!


This is NOT the only way I can get my little girl to sit still while I fix her hair! :) The truth comes out...


4th of July - Statue of Liberty - Kamryn!


The Mason Family (minus Kelsa - we missed you girl!)


Our flag waving family!


It was plenty warm - so a run through the sprinklers was in order!


Loving on my girl!


We headed out to play miniature golf one morning

Thank you all so much for coming to visit us! We hope it's not long until we see you here again!!!

2 comments:

Megan and Travis said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun! I'm sad I wasn't around for their visit! Cute pictures!

LaRessie said...

OH... THanks Manda. We had SUCH a wonderful visit. You were an AMAZING hostess. WE hope to come back again SOON!!! When you need some more home improvements CALL US! LOVE YOU!