Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Paint the Playroom/Kitchen - #95 - CHECK!

I've been wanting to paint our playroom and kitchen area since we moved in. I also had a little bit of old wallpaper to take down and texture underneath. So I took advantage of my aunt LaRessie and her family being in town and recruited some extra laborers. I was so thankful for all of their help with the painting and decorating. It LOVE how it all turned out. I'll let the pictures do the talking!

BEFORE:



Yucky old ceiling fan I couldn't wait to get rid of!




DURING:

The first roll! I liked the color on the wall immediately!


My aunt LaRessie


My Uncle Mark helped me with the edges



The finishing touches

AFTER!!!!!





DECORATED!!!
I had been wanting to display dishes on this shelf in our breakfast nook for a long time. It finally made it from an idea in my head to an actual display! Woo hoo!


All of the decorations are hand made. My aunt and I decoupaged the animal print letters and painted the rod. We also cut of the 3 animal pictures, mounted and framed them. And my Uncle Mark cut out the big monkey and giraffe for me and we covered them with fabric! LOVE it! I also found those 2 big baskets at Target to hold toys - and stay in the jungle theme!




Check out the cute animal prints we found and framed!


Where's Waldo... er... Gabby


I made these flower pictures using scrapbook paper by using some pictures my mother-in-law had as a template


It makes me smile every time I walk in that room now which is quite often. The simple pleasures in life...

6 comments:

Nate said...

Very cute....I love the color!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Great choice of color and great job painting and decorating!

Emily said...

Okay, that was me, Emily, who left the previous comment. How am I barely computer literate and Matt's sister?!

Megan and Travis said...

Wow! I love it Mandy it looks great! And I love all your decorating especially in the playroom!! So cute!! It reminds me of when we paint Oli and Gabby's room, good times :)

LaRessie said...

LOVE the way it all turned out. SO good to see the finished look. SO SO SO Happy we were able to be there and be a part of the FUN! We SO miss you all.

Emily Rocha said...

the paint looks REALLY good Mandy!!!