Thursday, July 30, 2009

Missing... one best friend

So I went to put Oliver down for his nap... and we couldn't find puppy. I knew immediately that we had left him when we were out running errands this morning because I remember having him in CVS but didn't remember loading him back up in the car afterward. So sure enough, I called up there and puppy is there. We will go get him after naptime. Oli was sad not having him. I explained what I thought had happened as I put him to bed. I got him some other blankets he likes but he said "I need a small blanket for my fingers..." he wanted something to twiddle between his fingers like he does with puppy. Poor baby.

I went back in his room after I found out where puppy was and told him he was at the store. But he was still sad and wanted him. He had gotten another stuffed animal - a blue Horton elephant - out of his toy box while I was out. So I laid down with him until he went to sleep and told him we would go get puppy when he woke up.

Sad times. But SO happy that I found him. The 30 seconds I was on hold with CVS while they looked for him were very long seconds!!

This seems to be a common occurrence (see my post about the missing bunny). I had told Oliver to leave him in the car as we got out at CVS so we wouldn't lose him. He said that puppy would be sad and cry and miss him. So I let his sweetness win out and puppy came in with us. Next time though, mommy will win.

Here is are some pictures of puppy:

A Tribute to Puppy
aka
Puppy Through the Years!



Puppy is a world-traveler. Here he is with Oliver on a Caribbean cruise!


With Oli in his crib in Phoenix




With silly Daddy and Uncle Dan in Utah


After naptime


In his first big boy bed!




Meeting baby sister!




Papa having fun with Puppy!


On stage in Hawaii!


Puppy helping Oliver give Gabby HER puppy-like blanket...


"Puppy-head" on an airplane flying to visit our friends in Phoenix




At Aunt Natty's wedding


Meeting the flower girl Kiana


Posing with Oliver who is showing us he is 2 years old... NOT telling us that we are 'L'osers!


Helping to keep Oliver happy at Aunt Megan's wedding reception


Oli, puppy, and Grandpa Pepe taking a nap


Helping Oli love on little sister


Watching a show


On a family road trip


We love you puppy and look forward to having you home with us as soon as Oli wakes up from his nap...

2 comments:

ASC said...

Ohhhh....this is why I make E leave her animals in her bed....we have three! A hippo, a bunny and a dog....she now is convinced that they live in her bed and cannot leave there....took a LOT of convincing...whew! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...the tribute to puppy made me cry. I think I might have to put together a slideshow of E and her blankies! So sweet watching how he has grown and puppie has been there all the time.