Friday, February 1, 2008

A helpful website for the |blank| in you!

I'm sure most of you know that I am addicted to the internet. Most days, the majority of the time I can be found sitting at my computer desk. It is a nice setup however, because I can see the living room and playroom from my seat - places where Oliver can usually be found. I decided to post a photo so you could see a little bit more into my world. The picture might be boring to you... but hey, I am assuming you are reading this blog because you are curious as to what goes on in our house... and it is after all, my blog :) So here you go. For those of you who have never been to my home, off to the left is the living room, the window in the red door across the patio allows me to see into playroom, and Gabriella can usually be found in the baby seat right at my feet or in my arms as I surf the internet one-handed. I have also become pretty adept at feeding her and working on the computer at the same time... although that method takes more time to get anything accomplished. Fortunately, right now she is off in bed napping... although I'm not kidding you, the very second I typed the word "napping" both Oliver and Gabriella let out a cry from their beds! They are already in cahoots! Ahh, naptime is almost over! I must hurry... and yes, I did move the sweet picture of baby Oliver over a little bit on my desk so that it would make it into the side of the picture :)

In spending copious amounts of time searching the internet, I have come across a cool site or two. So I think I will spend some time every once in a while documenting some of my favorites on my blog. I do have a wide range of interests although the time to pursue most of them is non-existent at this stage of my life. Hopefully these few moments I can steal away from my kids will allow me to show you some of the others sides of Amanda besides just the "mommy" side and will appeal to that side in you too (see the title of this post). I do rather enjoy the "mommy" side of my life though, so many of the sites will be geared toward that side of me.

Today's fill in the blank will be |blogger|

A Helpful Website for the |blogger| in You!

Now I know there are different types of |bloggers|... some of you also have blogs and write in them often, some of you like to just read blogs and comment on them... or not, and some of you decided to start a blog, wrote once, and then quit (ahem... Matt!).
However, the link I have today will be a helpful tool for all of you! The link is to a blog reading tool called Google Reader.

Link to Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader

Below is a little advertisement for Google Reader. Yes, I shamelessly cut and pasted the information from their website, but hey - something I've learned and truly value is the phrase "why re-invent the wheel"... right!? I did modify it a little bit to apply to the |blogger| in you!

Get all your blogs in one place with Google Reader

With Google Reader, keeping up with your favorite blogs is as easy as checking your email.
  • Stay up to date - Google Reader constantly checks your favorite blogs for new content.
  • Use it anywhere, for free - Google Reader is totally free and works in most modern browsers, without any software to install.


I use Google Reader everyday to check all of the blogs I follow - at once! No more clicking on each individual blog to check for updates. Google Reader checks them all for me and allows me to read them all in one window. Once you create your account or sign in with your existing Google account, just "add a subscription" by typing in the addresses of the blogs you read. It saves time and energy... something I am all about!

I hope this link is helpful for you and tells you a little more about me.

2 comments:

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. LOVE IT! This will save me a ton of time each day, as I have to compulsively check the blogs I read on a daily basis!

ASC said...

I finally signed up for this - very cool! Thanks for the tip. I had no idea. I, too, am a compulsive blog checker, like Brit! :-)