Thursday, February 21, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

I thought I would create a list of some of my favorite products. If you are looking for gift items for family and friends this year, it's always good to give people things you would like to receive yourself... that's how you know it is a good gift! Also, as I've mentioned before, anything that saves time and effort is high on my list. So here you go - hope these products suggestions are helpful to you and are helpful in knowing me more.

The best candle fragrance: Passion Fruit & Guava from Bath and Body Works
An amazing scent - that really gives off a great smell and can fill your whole house. Worth the investment - much better than the cheap candles that don't really give off smell like they are supposed to. I light this in my kitchen about 15 or so minutes before I have people coming over, and it scents the whole main section of my house. Even my husband notices that something smells nice when he walks in the door and that is saying something :)

The best quick makeup solution: Studio Fix foundation from MAC Cosmetics
Once again a product WELL worth the investment. It looks like a pressed powder - but it is much better. It goes on with the ease of application that a pressed powder would, but the coverage is far above just a powder. It truly is a pressed foundation and has taken the place of liquid foundations for me as well as pressed powder. Two products in one - time savings - yay! It has a much thicker coverage than powder and is lighter and less greasy than foundation so it won't come off on your clothes, kids, etc. My favorite part - it's on in seconds and it makes my skin look great! Get this at the MAC store so they can try colors out on you to get the best match. There is a MAC store at Willow Bend mall.

The best dusting product: Dust Wipes
I don't know about you, but using those static dusters bothers me... I just feel like I am pushing the dust around from one place to another. Sure my shelves look clean, but my floor is now gross. So I love using these dust wipes... I get the dust off my shelves and it sticks to the wipe and not the floor. They are quick to use as well and don't leave behind a film. I like to buy them at Target and get the Target brand wipes to save a little money.

The best shampoo for oily hair: Cleanse & Mend Shampoo from Aussie
I have truly stumbled upon the best here. I have struggled with oily hair since I was a teenager. Too much information - I know! But I figured there are probably others out there as well and I want to help you like Aussie has helped me. This shampoo rocks! It truly does help keep my hair from getting as greasy as fast - while not weighing down my roots. The way I really know it is working is after using it every day at home, when I then go on vacation and use whatever little travel shampoo I have, my hair is much more oily by the end of the day than it normally is. But as soon as I get back home and start using it again, I can go almost a day and a half before it starts to get oily again! Amazing! That is life changing for me :)

Well that's all for now. I will post some other helpful products periodically as I think of them.

1 comment:

Emily Rocha said...

That MAC stuff really is great I'm glad I stumbled upon it so that you could too!