Friday, June 5, 2009

More Goals Accomplished - YAY!

I'm a little behind in reporting on some goals from my 101 goals in 1001 (see the link on the right sidebar of my blog) days list that I've recently accomplished. But I have had a very fruitful last few months! So here is a quick update for you!

10. Update summer wardrobe with 5 new outfits - CHECK 5/2009

Shopping for summer is always easy for me - I love shorts, dresses, tank tops, etc. So between trips to several outlet malls and a shopping day with my sisters, I am feeling outfitted for summer. Below is a picture of my most recent addition - a cute new sundress!


13. Secret one (it's a surprise for someone)!! - CHECK 4/15/2009

My Dad's birthday is on April 15th. I don't know about you, but I always have a hard time finding something to give my Dad as a gift.
I had been wanting to show up on my parent's doorstep unannounced sometime and completely surprise them with a visit. I'd had this idea in my head for a while (obviously because it is on this list) and I thought my Dad's birthday was the perfect opportunity to execute my secret plan. Matt was going to be gone that weekend so it worked out even better... we'd have some company while he was gone. So I loaded up the kids in my van around noon in Dallas and we hit the road.

I called him on the way to try and get an idea of what their schedule was like for the evening (I'd already been trying to do this for a few days ahead of time, but they don't make plans until the last minute!) I had waited to tell Oliver where we were going until we got in the car for fear that he would accidentally mention it to my Dad on the phone at some point. And OF COURSE during my phone call with my Dad while driving he yells to me "Mom, are we going to MeMe and PePe's house?" - AHH! Fortunately, my Dad didn't hear any of it :)

So while talking with him I got some more details about his birthday plans - just out of curiosity of course - and said good bye and wished him a Happy Birthday. Little did he know that a few hours later the kids and I would be pulling up to his office, sneaking out of the car, and popping up in front of his window from the outside looking in and shocking him beyond all belief! He jumped up from his desk and ran out to greet us, so confused as to how we were there!! It was a wonderful surprise and he said it was the best gift he could have asked for! Success! We also enjoyed then driving to my parent's house and knocking on their front door and giving another huge surprise to my mom and then later in the evening my sister! Fun times...

Gabby and Pepe at his birthday dinner at The Swinging Door


Pepe and his grandchildren


32. Start/join a playgroup - CHECK 6/2009

This is something that has also been on my list for a long time... and this summer, things finally all came together to make it happen! Me and 4 other stay-at-home-mom friends are meeting once a week this summer to let our kids play and get to enjoy each others company. We had our first meeting this week at my house. It was supposed to be a fun, outdoor, Splashtastic - water day. But the morning thunderstorm canceled that plan! So I scrambled and changed the theme to Firefighter day. Here is Oliver in his fire truck shirt eating his pretzel fire with roasted marshmallows - both in honor of the theme. He's also sporting only underwear on the bottom, but more on potty training later...


57. CPR certification - 5/2009

Ever since I was pregnant with Oliver, I've wanted to learn CPR. I had looked into online courses before, but really wanted to take an actual class so I could practice what it would really be like. I'd looked into in person classes as well - but most of them were all day on a Saturday... which was too long of a time comittment for me. But I finally came across a class that was in the evening starting at 6:30 - perfect! Matt could stay with the kids and I could learn the life saving skills I'd really been wanting to know. It was offered through the City of Plano about once a month. It still took a few months to find a night that worked, but I finally did it! As of May 21, 2009 I am CPR certified! I also learned how to use an AED (the heart shocking machines) and basic first aid for a variety of situations. It was right up my alley and I loved every minute of it!

Here I am with my "Heartsaver First Aid" card from the American Heart Association! Now... none of you ever make me HAVE to use it! :)

No comments: